Monday, September 14, 2009

Emily Nicole

About time for an 'All about Emily' post, don't ya think? Especially since she is already 5 weeks old today! Wow!!!

I'm going to start at the beginning and write about the day of her arrival, before I forget most of it.

We were set to go in on Monday, August 10th at 8 am for an induction. The plan was to get my water broken and see if that threw me into labor. When my doctor made it into my room at 8:30. I was 2/3 cm dilated and only 20-30% effaced. He broke my water and we started the pitocin. I decided to get the show on the road! lol Contractions started very quick, but they were very manageable (short but often). About 10:40 she checked to see my progress and I was a 5/6 and 70% effaced. I told them to go ahead and send the epidural guy in then. :) It took over an hour for him to come, by then I was hurting pretty good, but still very manageable. Finally got the epidural and it kicked in about noon-ish. She checked me after I was comfortable and I was a 7/8. The nurse said she'd be back in an hour, but to call if I had any pressure. Within 30-45 minutes I started feeling some pressure, I thought. I never had that sensation with Avery. My doctor had happened to show up at the same time and came in with the nurse and sure enough she was coming. He rushed around to get dressed and they got the room ready. He was telling me not to laugh, afraid she'd fall out. He was trying to be a funny guy in the process. My doctor has a funny personality. lol.gif He told me to give a light push and then told me to stop cause her head was already out. That was all I had to push. She just came right out.



What was funny, at about 11 I said well maybe we'll have a baby by 1. I don't think anyone believed me. She was born at 1:01pm. She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 20 inches long.





Okay I saved this post when I was working on it 3 WEEKS AGO!!! I am so bad. I'm going to click publish post and hope to add some more pictures soon!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sweet story. She is a beautiful little girl.